cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax, way round?

RodH3
Joining in

Hi

I would like to use a Sony monitor with the Tivo 6 box but find I can't  because the Sony has 4 HDMI inputs but no Coax input.

Is there any way round this?

rod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RodH3 wrote:

I tried running the Virgin Tivo box without the Coax input and it didn't work, so it seems ti be necessary even though the programming is coming from the hub.

Wrong. Cable TV is linear broadcast based the same as satellite or terrestrial TV.  The cable headend serves as the “aerial”. The coax connection is therefore mandatory. The hub connection is only for app usage & updates. If you don’t have a coax connection in the right location then ring VM & get one installed. DO NOT use your own coax under ANY circumstances.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why do you need a coax connection?

Virgin’s white coax is only to connect to their own equipment.

You only need HDMI.

PS. If you are referring to audio, the analogue stereo output jack (3.5mm) on the V6 box is enabled.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I tried running the Virgin Tivo box without the Coax input and it didn't work, so it seems ti be necessary even though the programming is coming from the hub.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RodH3 wrote:

Wrong. Cable TV is linear broadcast based the same as satellite or terrestrial TV.  The cable headend serves as the “aerial”. The coax connection is therefore mandatory. The hub connection is only for app usage & updates. If you don’t have a coax connection in the right location then ring VM & get one installed. DO NOT use your own coax under ANY circumstances.

Thank you. This information clarifies everything. Very helpful.