cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax cable

Jonnydry89
Joining in

Hi,

Recently been sent a self set up kit for VM broadband and 360 box. 

My TV and current BT box is on the other side of the room where the Hub and subsequent connector cables will be and they won't reach anyway.

However because I have a coax cable fed into my BT box I which goes back to an accessible splitter for the house aerial I was wondering if I could just get the appropriate connector whether male to female etc and disconnect the current coax from the terrestrial aerial and then use the connector to connect it to the appropriate connector cable that was sent in the start up pack 

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have recently been sent out a quickstart then perhaps your better calling up to request a technician install who can provide the correct cable.

It's likely that your aerial cable is of a poor quality and not suitable for VM

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you may be confused by the coax cables. VM coax comes from an omnibox on the outside of your house. A coa cable is then run to where your hub and TV box are situated. The cable may be split either inside or outside if the hub and TV box are not situated in the same location. The TV box supplies your TV with an HDMI cable. The existing coax for a terrestrial aerial should remain as it is.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Jonnydry89, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you.

As per the advice given, it may be wise to have your install converted from a Quickstart install, to a manned install.

To do this, please call our pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn