cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coax cable dont fit the wall socket

Ceren19
Tuning in
  • The two ends of the coax cable are the same and one end fits the modem but the other end doesn't fit the wall plug 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
15 REPLIES 15

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

So we can advise could you attach a photo of the wall socket you have?

Thank you

Joe 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

20210915_185538.jpg

asim18
Fibre optic

There is a small metal cover on the tip of the socket which you need to remove. You should have received a little plastic wrench to unscrew it.

20210915_195031.jpgis it this one? There's a thin wire inside but both ends of the coax cable are male with a thin wire inside?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need one of these  Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes that's the cap off but what's that coming out of the centre of the socket? There shouldn't be a wire in the centre of the socket there, it should be a tiny hole which accepts the thin wire from the middle of the coax cable.

Try grip the wire and tug it a little, but keep one hand on the face-plate don't want to pull the whole thing off the wall.

@Adduxi wrote:

You need one of these  Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

He's just taken a male f-type termination cap off of a female connector. That coupler you have linked will not mate with his socket.

Yes, done!! Thanks a lot, I've been going between my community management, virgin for days and none were able to tell me what to do 

Happy to hear you've got it connected up. Yes Virgin Media's instructions can sometimes be lacking. Thanks for posting the photos they might help someone else in future. Hows the modem doing, has it managed to connect to the internet?