Menu
suzierthanyou
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Closing a bus stop – two months delay to installation?

I have moved house, and foolishly and naively thought I could get Virgin installed a mere two days after I moved. I know. What was I thinking?!

I transferred the account, set the installation for the 18th March. Obviously that couldn't happen. They rescheduled to this Saturday. Now they phone me and tell me they can't install it until MAY 27TH due to needing to close a bus stop nearby, which requires 2 months notice.

Someone – tell me. If my next-door neighbour, and previous tenant, had Virgin, is it really possible that they need to close a bus stop to get me connected?

At my previous address, i had around a year of shoddy internet before FINALLY someone came round and sorted it – he then phoned me up and asked if I could take him out for a drink to say thank you. Honestly, if I have to take an engineer for a drink to save two months of no internet, I am prepared to do so, but WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO PAINFUL and never straightforward?

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closing a bus stop – two months delay to installation?

My brother met his future wife when he was an engineer repairing rental TV sets at her parents house. 🙂

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
suzierthanyou
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Did he also use her confidential details to proposition her, and ask for a drink to say thanks for doing his job? I hope not.

chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@suzierthanyou wrote:

Did he also use her confidential details to proposition her, and ask for a drink to say thanks for doing his job? I hope not.

did you report it?

0 Kudos
suzierthanyou
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didn't. I probably would have been passed to six different departments and had to repeat it six different times. By then I was just overjoyed I finally had internet. Needless to say I didn't take him up on the offer (to buy HIM a drink)!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@suzierthanyou wrote:

I have moved house, and foolishly and naively thought I could get Virgin installed a mere two days after I moved. I know. What was I thinking?!

I transferred the account, set the installation for the 18th March. Obviously that couldn't happen. They rescheduled to this Saturday. Now they phone me and tell me they can't install it until MAY 27TH due to needing to close a bus stop nearby, which requires 2 months notice.

Someone – tell me. If my next-door neighbour, and previous tenant, had Virgin, is it really possible that they need to close a bus stop to get me connected?

At my previous address, i had around a year of shoddy internet before FINALLY someone came round and sorted it – he then phoned me up and asked if I could take him out for a drink to say thank you. Honestly, if I have to take an engineer for a drink to save two months of no internet, I am prepared to do so, but WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO PAINFUL and never straightforward?

Sounds like VM have found an issue that requires a new drop line from the cabinet, & on attempting it have found a blockage in the duct. They can’t do the work until the local authority issues a permit, hence the 2 month wait.

Your neighbour will either be using a “tee” or access point directly on their property, or if it is shared with you their cable is trapped in the duct & not allowing another one to pass.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
suzierthanyou
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous. So, someone came back to try again last Thursday, but needed the landlord to be there to help us come up with some sort of creative solution and work out how to get past this issue. The landlord met them today, and apparently they said they didn't know why it wasn't installed on first visit. It's going to be straightforward. Installing tomorrow, no bloody bus stop closures. It's like smacking my head against a brick wall, everyone I speak to on the phone is absolutely clueless too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning suzierthanyou, 

Thanks for your post and so sorry to hear of the experience you've had.

Can you confirm if the installation went ahead?

Kind regards, 

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
suzierthanyou
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, at last, but now I have been charged £111 this month and my billing account says I've left! I just spoke to an extremely difficult CS rep who just talked over me and refused to listen to what I was saying. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

dont know who you got through to - try this - they are usually better than most other dept's

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos