cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe stuck on

Olly464
Joining in

Hi there, 

I recently moved into a flat with Virgin media and ever since I created my account the child safe setting has been permanently switched on, despite me trying to turn it on and off several times, as well as resetting the router. I am unable to visit sites such as nordvpn.com. 
From other posts it looks like this is something that can be solved manually by a Virgin media rep?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Olly464, 

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues trying to access certain websites due to the child safe option not being removed.

You advised you have already tried to remove this option yourself, did you try this by signing in to your online account and disable each level of protection? You can use the link here.

If you have already tried this and are no further along, we will certainly take a look at your account for you.

Please let us know, and we can pop you over a private message to take some details.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hey Jodi, 

yes I’ve tried that several times! In my account it definitely says it’s off but it isn’t. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Olly464,

I am sorry to see that it is still showing as on 😞

I will send you a private message so I can pass DPA with you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To easily bypass child safe just set a DNS server in your device, like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2