Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Check what installation is required before placing a service order?

Hi,

I just recently moved to a new flat that has Virgin Fibre available. The issue is that the landlord did not authorize construction in the flat for the installation.

The flat, however, has a storage cupboard with a "media box" with cables coming from the top, and it has a Openreach BT box. It would be OK for me to install the Virgin box in there. I'm just not sure if it's possible or not.

The solution for my problem would be for an engineer to come to the flat prior to me signing up for the year contract to assess if it would be possible to install the Virgin box in that cupboard. Is it possible to do that?

I just don't want to sign up for a one year contract, then, the engineer comes and tells me the installation is not possible, and then I have to pay the extremely high erly termination fee for a service I never used.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check what installation is required before placing a service order?

I can help you with this, the first thing we need to check is if the property is serviceable. Let me drop you a private message to get some more details.

the situation described is common 

Jon, install manager

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

more pm's - all the op has to do [surely] is check via the postcode website - even if it is it does not end there - the landlord will have to be involved with wayleave i assume 

as to exit fees - there will be non if VM cannot install if and when a tech gets there - the order will be cancelled so no bills produced

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Having looked closely at the property and the neighbours we can see that there should be no issue in installing this and as posted above there are no payments taken (aside from any upfront security deposit) until the services are installed.
We have offered to support the OP in any installation to ensure it runs smoothly, and potentially have a site survey prior.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@VM-Jon wrote:
Having looked closely at the property and the neighbours we can see that there should be no issue in installing this and as posted above there are no payments taken (aside from any upfront security deposit) until the services are installed.
We have offered to support the OP in any installation to ensure it runs smoothly, and potentially have a site survey prior.

hopefully then the landlord agrees and has no problem with granting wayleave - without that you cannot do anything afaik 

Tony
0 Kudos