Menu
hazell_david
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Chat Response times

I registered a new chat for the first time last night to enquire why Virgin would choose to do work in my area which meant a total service loss on Amazon Prime day, and why this work was going to over run by more than 24 hours.  I got a reply at 20:24 saying that they were busier than usual and, despite numerous further contacts from me, they still haven't replied as of 09:53 the next day.  Is the chat response usually this slow and would it have been better to use carrier pigeon?  

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chat Response times

Yes the chat service is very slow. If you need to contact VM urgently then phoning 150 is slightly more reliable.

But however you make contact, they will not be able to schedule maintenance work in your area to coincide with every user's personal requirements. Are VM going to send their maintenance staff home because you want to use amazon prime, or your neighbour wants to watch Wimbledon? 

0 Kudos
hazell_david
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  I think you're confused, either that or you don't understand what amazon prime day is; it's the second largest trading day for the world's largest online company.  To arrange any sort of outage on such a day is pure madness.  Anyway after 15 hours of waiting I got the most pathetic explanation of an entirely different issue from someone with little grasp of the Queen's English.  Hardly surprising really.  Issue should be resolved tomorrow or sometime I'm the future, they really couldn't tell. Oh and it was the local authority's fault, not Virgin's ... yes, of course it was.  

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This gets better. 🙂 

Not only should Virgin media not do any maintenance on Amazon prime day, but local authorities should not dig up the roads on Amazon prime day in case they cut a Virgin cable and stop you saving a few quid.

Sorry, but life goes on. 

I'm sure they will all be on notice next year and put their tools down for two days.