Menu
adsquan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changed modems, 3.0 help

My Internet went down in the area the other night and on the end I was sent a new hub. The 3.0. I was previously using the super hub 2.0. For the life of me I can't get the hub 3.0 to connect to the Internet. The hub 2.0 is working again, It had just been restored to factory settings so that's why it wouldn't connect to wifi. No luck what's to ever trying to connect to the hub 3.0. I can find it on WiFi but it says "requires login/authorisation". When I try login it then says sorry no Internet connection. Press here and we will try fix the problem. That doesn't work and I get a message with that saying "gateway ipv4 address not valid" It does say in the booklet I was meant to get a text to activate my service... But i gather I dont need that as my service is already been active for years with the other hub? Thankyou
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changed modems, 3.0 help

You still need to activate new kit when you get it, even if it's for an existing service.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can only have one hub active on an account at any one time, so as you have discovered your SH2 is still active. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is your SH2 working well? If so, keep it and return the hub 3.0 (VM will send the packaging for this).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi adsquan,

Thank you for your post. 

You will need to activate the new equipment. Has that been done? 

^Martin

0 Kudos