Menu
Wills429
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Catv location.

Hi, just a quick question please. I have just got home and the street has been marked up for Virgin media installations next month. Only issue is the marking on the pavement is at the wrong side of my house and should be other side of my drive so the cable will take the easiest and shortest route and not across a double drive. 
If I approach the engineers when they are laying the cable and ask them will they adjust and locate the pavement catv in the right place. 
Looking around other houses may be in the same position. 
Many thanks for all your help. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catv location.

The contractor doing this will have access to the plans of all the other services in the street service strip. It may be that they would interfere with other services if they were positioned elsewhere. There is also a plan they are working to that has the approval of the local authority.

You can ask, but don’t be surprised if nothing changes.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wills429
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Our estate is 20yrs old and quite spaced out. It’s only the width of a double drive so definitely worth asking. The whole pavement comes up To lay the cable so nothing to lose. 
Otherwise connection will not be practical. Next door is the same. On wrong side of his house too. 
Also, Out of curiosity, does the cable have to be buried around the house or can it run around a wall to the rear? 
many thanks for all your help. I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

normally the service T serve 2 homes so they are placed in the middle of the 2.
Cables can be tacked around the house/fences they do not need to be berried
0 Kudos
Wills429
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It’s just getting the cable from the house to the building. Would be so much easier 20ft to the right. Still in front of my house but simple furrow through grass to the house instead of through a drive. 
Thanks loads again for all your help. 

0 Kudos