cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unscrew bolt on Virgin Media boc

NoHumanToTalkTo
Tuning in

I am a bit upset because I was expecting someone to set up the broadband, Internet and phone today, but I have just received a box. I have chronic pain, so it is stressful sorting this out. I can't find a number to call to ask for help.

The problem is I cannot undo a bolt attached to the Virgin media box the house came with. The two black plastic spanners are too small to grip onto it. The box is also rusty, and I expected the folks to sort it out and maybe replace it.

I have tried to take photos of the situation, but it says the file is too big. 

I feel like crying because I am an online tutor and I can't work until I have the Internet.

How do I unscrew this bolt attached to the box, and how do I check that someone wasn't meant to come by? I was under the impression they were, and honestly wish I never chose VM because it is so frustrating finding someone real to talk to, and the APP is very complicated for me.

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

@NoHumanToTalkTo wrote:

I am a bit upset because I was expecting someone to set up the broadband, Internet and phone today, but I have just received a box. I have chronic pain, so it is stressful sorting this out. I can't find a number to call to ask for help.

The problem is I cannot undo a bolt attached to the Virgin media box the house came with. The two black plastic spanners are too small to grip onto it. The box is also rusty, and I expected the folks to sort it out and maybe replace it.

I have tried to take photos of the situation, but it says the file is too big. 

I feel like crying because I am an online tutor and I can't work until I have the Internet.

How do I unscrew this bolt attached to the box, and how do I check that someone wasn't meant to come by? I was under the impression they were, and honestly wish I never chose VM because it is so frustrating finding someone real to talk to, and the APP is very complicated for me.

Most of VM's setups are self install where possible and it should have stated that when signing up.

Could you post a picture of what you mean around the boxes you have?

IMG_20220504_100720.jpg

Thank you for the reply, this is what it looks like. Sorry for the bad photo, was difficult to make it fit the requirements.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have not got a spanner or pliers then you could try some nutcrackers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't use nutcrackers and have painful hands, but that might help someone else who stumbles upon this problem, sounds like  a good idea.

I'm sure your neighbour wouldn't mind popping round for 30 seconds with a spanner to unscrew the terminator cap.

the cap does need to be removed befor you can attach your equipment to it.

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily

Gig1 | Hub 5 Modem Mode | Asus RT-AX86U | Asus RT-AC86U

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @NoHumanToTalkTo, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I understand you're now all setup. Can you confirm if everything has been completed and is working a expected?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn