cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up hub

Geeph
Joining in

I moved into my new house on Tuesday and ordered a quick set up hub 3.0 as I saw the previous owners used Virgin when I viewed so I thought it would be straightforward. However  upon attempting to set it up I cannot locate the Virgin wall socket only a white cable that looks as if it should fit but it doesn’t. I’ve tried a coaxial connector after reading a few of these threads but that did not fit. Any help would be much appreciated or I will have to try and book an engineer however I’m unsure how to do this or of the cost of this? Many thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

Richw1982
Rising star

Hi, attach a pic of the coax cable you gave found.  There is usually a VM housing on an external wall.  The other way of tracing it is by finding the VM external box and tracing the cables coming out of it

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

52BF7B9F-F7A0-4857-A6A8-841482E33E5C.jpeg

I’ve tried removing that additional silver piece but nothing works. 

thank you 

Should that not just screw into the Hub?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Geeph wrote:

I’ve tried removing that additional silver piece but nothing works. 
thank you 

That is the correct cable, and the silver thing is an attenuator, so needs to be left on.

However if you are unsure if the cable has a isolator fitted, you may need an adaptor to enable you to fit the quick start one. B&Q sell a suitable one Tristar Data cable coupler | DIY at B&Q

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you both so much for your help, I was following the quick set up guide and it lead me to believe I had to connect using the cable they provided. We are now up and running. Thank you again 

Nice one!

Glad it is all working!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7