cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Quickstart running in new place

Way2much
Tuning in

Hi

So I moved into my new place a few days ago and signed up with Virgin because it was suggested that I could get started much quicker than I would have otherwise with a 'Quickstart' box.

The quickstart box arrived today and whilst I do have a wall connector that fits the cables Virgin sent me (please see attached pictures) it is not a branded Virgin Media wall socket (it has no branding at all) and I'm still getting a flashing green light, which I've left for hours.

I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong as surely the Quickstart would not have been suggested to me if there was no capable connection in my flat. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20230415_222154.jpg

IMG_20230415_222157.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

Should be http://192.168.0.1

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

New Install Assistance

If you are still not operational ...

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit to fix cables / complete the installation.

Hi

Many thanks for that. 

So I was able to log into the router. The status is Wireless on, Internet (DS scanning) and Telephony (disabled)

I ran the diagnostic test and it said your home network has a few problems. Your broadband connection is down, please check your coaxial cable is firmly attached (which I'm pretty sure it is) and Gateway IPv4 address is not valid.

Its also been several more hours since my initial post and it's still flashing green so it's safe to assume it's not downloading anything.

"DS scanning" - Reads like "Down Stream Scanning" i.e. not receiving the signal from the cable / street cabinet.

An engineer visit will be required to resolve this connectivity issue.

Hi

Much appreciated.

I've contacted Virgin and should have an engineer coming in the next couple days.

I'll have to figure something out work wise by thanks again.

Hi Way2much,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to set up your services with the equipment you received, have you received confirmation around your Technician appointment?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for reaching out.

The engineer came today and sorted the issue. Turns out the enclosure wrapped around the wall socket was preventing the Coax cable from making contact so that's why it could not connect. 

It was something I could have resolved myself but I would not have thought that the enclosure was the issue. Just wanted to mention in the case someone finds themselves in a similar situation.

But my issue has been resolved.

Many thanks