cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Quickstart running in new place

Way2much
Tuning in

Hi

So I moved into my new place a few days ago and signed up with Virgin because it was suggested that I could get started much quicker than I would have otherwise with a 'Quickstart' box.

The quickstart box arrived today and whilst I do have a wall connector that fits the cables Virgin sent me (please see attached pictures) it is not a branded Virgin Media wall socket (it has no branding at all) and I'm still getting a flashing green light, which I've left for hours.

I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong as surely the Quickstart would not have been suggested to me if there was no capable connection in my flat. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20230415_222154.jpg

IMG_20230415_222157.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul

Thanks for reaching out.

The engineer came today and sorted the issue. Turns out the enclosure wrapped around the wall socket was preventing the Coax cable from making contact so that's why it could not connect. 

It was something I could have resolved myself but I would not have thought that the enclosure was the issue. Just wanted to mention in the case someone finds themselves in a similar situation.

But my issue has been resolved.

Many thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I would say you do have the correct connection. That looks like an inline isolator that has been used to replace a wall box.

Is the green flashing light constant, or does it go solid with green flashing arrows & then cycles again?

The former would suggest no or insufficient signal is being received, which would require a technician visit. The latter means the hub is not activated, & you need to ring the activation number to get it going.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for responding.

So I've got a Hub 5 so don't have any arrows or anything like that but it's a consistent green flashing light. I've had an advisor at Virgin activated it from their end but no joy.

I'm just wondering if there's anything at all I can do on my end as I've got work on Monday and I know Engineers are usually quite booked up.

I've attached a picture of the coax cable attached to the box. The illustrations seem to imply that the cable can go all the back but I've applied ample amounts of force and that's as far back as it goes. Is that normal or does it go further back?

IMG_20230415_224241.jpg

Can you check the cable outside to see if it's been cut?

Hi

Thanks for getting back.

So I live in a small block of flats so I did just go outside and have a look but couldn't fully confirm if my line had been cut as there's groups of wiring running across the building in various places so I'm unsure which one mine would be.

The landlord didn't indicate any internet issues, which I would have hoped would be reported before the last person left but I dunno.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Way2much wrote:

I've had an advisor at Virgin activated it from their end but no joy. 

Wouldn't them activate it mean they can see it?

do a reset on the hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The advisor did say she did an activation yes. I've done various hub resets throughout the day but the hub has gone through the same cycle.

Which is solid white light then flashing white light and then flashing green light. Its done nothing else every time I've reset it.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
can you log in to the hub? and find status
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Is there a specific code/URL I can put in to get it up. I had one with BT but unsure if Virgin has one.

Trying regular webpages just brings up "hmmmm can't reach this page" on Edge and "You're not connected" both wireless and via Ethernet.

@legacy1 wrote:

@Way2much wrote:

I've had an advisor at Virgin activated it from their end but no joy. 

Wouldn't them activate it mean they can see it?

With Offshore CS - All bets are off............

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7