Menu
Gagong
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot find my vm wall socket

I’ve received my box just now and can’t fit it anywhere. I’ve moved in here recently, since I was given the self install option I believe I should already have a socket from either vm(I see no vm looking like networks in the wifi list so it’s safe to assume no neighbour has got it) or smth from its predecessors. I cannot find it however. I have smth looking like it in my room but it should look a little different? The cables end diameter is too big to fit anyways. 
[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot find my vm wall socket

Have a look outside for a brown or grey box and trace cable from there if found. You may not have an internal box just a cable.
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gagong

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues locating your Virgin Media cable.

Have you had a look around the external walls of your property to look for a Virgin Media box as @stabilo00 suggested? Have you been able to connect your equipment, or do you require further help?

Please let me know. This way, if needed, we can arrange to have a technician come over to take a look this is for you.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gagong
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I couldn’t find any socket whatsoever. This is an house that has been renovated to accommodate 5 studio flats, so I cannot check on the other peoples room to look for it

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gagong,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue! I'm sorry that you're still not connected, but I'm here to help!

Before I look into this issue further and to book an engineer, I will need to confirm a few details with you over Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gagong,

Thank you for confirming your details over Private Message! 

I have booked your technician appointment for the first available time slot. You can manage your appointment on your online account

Please keep us updated on your visit and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos