Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect new hub to wall socket.

Hi there all,

I'm a previous Virgin Broadband customer so I assumed that the connections in my house would be sufficient and opted for the Quick Start.

In the photo, the middle socket seems to be the one to use even though it is not labelled Virgin Media - but all of the sockets in this and in the splitter that is coming out of it are 'screw' sockets, where as the cable provided to connect the Hub to the wall is a 'push'.

Can anyone advise what I should do?  Is there any way of connecting the push cable to the screw socket?  Or any way of connecting the screw socket to the push hub?  Do I need an engineer to come out (I really hope not as I really need broadband up and running urgently).

Any help is much appreciated!

Virgin2.jpgVirgin1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect new hub to wall socket.

I believe the newer push connectors can be connected to the older screw terminals with a bit of gentle pressure.

You may also need to call the activation line, depending on what instructions you received with your quick start package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the 4.0. part of the splitter the correct place to be connecting the cable to?  I've been able to push the cable on, but there's just a flashing green light on the Hub suggesting it's not connected properly.

I didn't receive any instruction to call any activation number. I've ordered an engineer through the app but he won't be coming until Thursday which really isn't ideal.

I'll give the activation line a ring tomorrow morning, but failing that, if the 4.0 on the splitter is the correct place for me to be connecting the hub, I'm not sure what else I can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @spanbpt 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your hub4, how are things looking since your post? 

Have we been able to resolve the issue? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos