Menu
liviaalexandra
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling

Can you please give me the postal address that I can write to cancel my broadband or email address, I don't wish to this over the phone? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
Diamond Plaza
Daleside Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG2 3GG

no email addy 

Tony
chenks
Community elder
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@liviaalexandra wrote:

Can you please give me the postal address that I can write to cancel my broadband or email address, I don't wish to this over the phone? 

if you post you'll need to ensure it's recorded delivery otherwise you won't be able to prove the request was delivered.
you'll also need to prove you're the account holder, which will be tricky doing it via snail-mail.

any reason why you don't want to do it over the phone?

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If I ever want to cancel my contract it will be by recorded delivery post. A signed letter has always been valid in law. 

Passwords only become necessary on the phone, to prove identity on the recording. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You should be able to cancel in any VM High Street Store. take i.d. and all account details (old bill) and get a confirmation receipt !

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

If I ever want to cancel my contract it will be by recorded delivery post. A signed letter has always been valid in law. 

Passwords only become necessary on the phone, to prove identity on the recording. 

so how do you prove that you are the account holder from a signed letter?
virgin won't have a copy of your signature on file to compare it with, and as such if got hold of your name and knew your address then are you saying all i had to do was send a signed letter with your name to virgin and that would be sufficient enough to cancel your account?

clearly that isn't the case, they need to validate that the account holder has requested the cancellation - a signed letter doesn't validate that.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why would anyone write to VM posing as me, to cancel my account? It would soon come to light when the service stopped and/or I received a final bill, and VM would be very glad to remedy it. 

Signed letters have been accepted for centuries to make and terminate contracts, and I don't see why ISP contracts should be any different. 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

Why would anyone write to VM posing as me, to cancel my account? It would soon come to light when the service stopped and/or I received a final bill, and VM would be very glad to remedy it. 

Signed letters have been accepted for centuries to make and terminate contracts, and I don't see why ISP contracts should be any different. 

who knows. they have a vendetta against you? someone playing a prank?
again, i ask the question though, how does a signed letter prove it came from you? some sort of validation must take place.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why do you assume that every letter must be validated before being accepted? 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@jpeg1 wrote:

Why do you assume that every letter must be validated before being accepted? 

why do you assume that it must not be?
to cancel an account you need to be the account holder, a signed letter does not prove the letter came from the account holder.

why don't we test it? PM me your name and address and i'll post a letter to virgin signed by me with your name asking to cancel your account, and let's see if virgin go ahead and cancel it without first confirming that the account holder sent it.

0 Kudos