Menu
ChrisJP
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling

Does anyone know the easiest way to cancel after my contract is up?

I'm coming to the end of my 12 month contract and called to cancel my contract, I was assured that it would be cancelled and that I would receive an email confirming this within 24 hours.

After leaving it a few days due to it being the weekend I still hadn’t received any confirmation. I called back to check that the disconnection was still going ahead like I’d requested only to be told that there is NO disconnection work order on my account.

All I want to do is let the contract run to it’s end date and then not renew it, as I explained while on the phone.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling

Doesn't work like that, once the contact ends you go on a rolling contract and you have to give 30 days notice, you can do this 30 days before your contact ends.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ChrisJP
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well my contract ends on the 22nd July and i called to cancel it on 21st June and was told that it would be cancelled and they would be sending me prepaid packaging to send my equiptment back in. But since i never got the email confirming this as they stated i decided to question it with another call. That is when i was told that there is no cancellation work order on my account.

So i have followed all the correct steps, i've given them more than 30 days notice and was told originally that it was all going ahead, but then told that it is not. So basically i've been lied to about my cancellation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ChrisJP,

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with this. Have you been able to get any other updates at all on what is happening with this?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
ChrisJP
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, after a couple more phone calls i finally managed to get a cancellation order added to my account.

Unfortunatly I was also told that due to my request (the second time) being within 30 days of my contracts end that i would be billed extra to cancel, i informed the cancellation department that i was unwilling to pay this extra charge as when i was originally told that the cancellation order had been added i was outside of that 30 day period.
After a bit of toing and froing i managed to get the cancellation back dated to the original date (or so i was told, but i'll be keeping a close eye on any payments made).

I understand that any company wants to keep hold of paying customers, unfortunatly i feel that IF in the future i may have considered going back to Virgin Media, that this whole process has made the decision NOT to reconsider for me.
0 Kudos