Menu
EMack
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can transfer from BT to VM go ahead if Super Hub is off?

My self-installed transfer from BT to VM cable M200 was supposed to happen yesterday, and has not happed yet. I plugged in the Super Hub 3 that I received but the auto-activation did not happen. BT have told me that they will not disconnect my service until they receive the phone number port request from VM.

I don't want it to happen tomorrow, on a working day (because I'll be working), so if I leave the Super Hub 3 turned off will that block the transfer so that I can safely carry on with my current broadband?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can transfer from BT to VM go ahead if Super Hub is off?

I would be leaving the Hub on 24/7, as they are supposed to be. It can take up to 48 hours for the phone line to activate via the Hub.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EMack
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thx, it's had over 24 hours. Still flashing green and, and no internet connection available. I'm going to leave it off from now because (tomorrow in particular) will not be a good day for getting disconnected or reconfiguring devices.

Will leaving it off stop VM from disconnecting BT?

0 Kudos
EMack
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear. The answer was "yes". The BT service has stopped working, but VM are still not able to activate their equipment 😞

A helpful person on the QuickStart phone team have suggested that probably our cable was disconnected at the cabinet end, and booked an engineer to attend on Wednesday. I wonder if it would have been possible for VM to have reconnected this before our planned switch date?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The only way they would have known about this is if you had an engineer installation rather than a quick start. 

The best thing you can do now is use mobile data to carry on working whilst they attempt to fix it.