Menu
Telewestbox1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can this Telewest box be used for Quickstart?

09F8D775-E65B-4C07-B020-1FCEBE73CAEB.jpegHi, I’ve recently moved into a new flat with a Telewest Broadband box. I’ve read from google these can be used for Virgin QuickStart but I just thought I’d check the setup can definitely be used on here.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can this Telewest box be used for Quickstart?

Yes, it should be fine. Telewest is a company that is now VM.

the thing is that old cabling may be disconnected externally. I can look into this for you.

i will drop you a private message for more detail.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

box and bottom connection are fine - connected cable should be ok if it was originally supplied by telewest/blueyonder - the unknown is if all the wiring from the box to the cabinet is connected and good - things can get damaged or disconnected over time

so your choice really how you order it - if it all plugs in and works after activation then clean and easy - if not you would need to book a tech to sort it out

Tony
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@VM-Jon wrote:

Yes, it should be fine. Telewest is a company that is now VM.

the thing is that old cabling may be disconnected externally. I can look into this for you.

i will drop you a private message for more detail.

Jon

can you in fact check if the cabling is disconnected - i have always understood it could not be checked - if it can then that would be useful

Tony
0 Kudos