cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Can’t use that password” and wrong cable

Peter_T91
Joining in

I ordered a virgin media broadband kit to my new flat which already has a Virgin media connector installed. 

The box arrived with the wrong cable - the router supplied in the box has a screw fit connector and the cable is press fit. I cannot set up the box. 

I contacted the setup support phone number which asked for characters from my account password. As it turned out, I didn’t have a password yet and needed to set up my account so I could not access this support.

I went to the website to set up an account, entered email, account number and area code. No matter what I do the page gives me an error that I cannot use my chosen password. The page is very clearly broken as other users have this issue.

I can’t set up an account to access support to resolve the issue with the wrong cable. 

Would welcome any advice to resolve this patently ridiculous circular predicament. 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Push-fit connectors are designed to push onto the existing F-Type screw outlets with no further modification. VM used to supply spanners for these connections which was further expense & more waste. Hence the change to a push-fit (or better described as push-over) connectors.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Peter_T91

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry for any issues you have experienced with the set up of your equipment and the online registration process. 

I can see nodrogd has been able to offer some support but I just wanted to check in and see if you have been able to make progress with this? 

If not, please let us know and we will do all we can to assist further. 

Thanks

Nat