Menu
Benweb
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can’t use Broadband app or sign into admin online

I have not been able to use the connect app or sign into the admin area online for a while now. 
I have tried resetting the hub 3, deleting the app and reinstalling it. 
all it keeps saying is someone else is signed in! No one is signed in, I live alone!?  

35C4A4E6-A3C7-43D2-A46B-F8A62BEA4634.png

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t use Broadband app or sign into admin online

Carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

Instructions for Hub 3

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Benweb
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Done this a number of times and still doesn’t let me log in

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Benweb

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having issues with the Connect App at the moment. How are things since your post - are you still having issues with the app? 

Can I confirm, have you ever been able to log into the app before? Have you maybe logged on using another device and are still connected on that device? 

It's odd that the PIN reset had not worked if that isn't the case as the PIN reset should kick anyone out that is currently logged into your Hub settings. Was it the PIN hole you did and not just a standard reboot? 

After locating your account from your forum information, I can see you have rebooted within the last 3 days. We have no area issues listed or reported. All the signal levels are where we would expect them to be. 

Is there a reason that you need the Connect App too Benweb - anything we may be able to assist with? 

Pop back when you can if you're still having either issue and we'll do what we can to help. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Benweb
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have done all the above and still no joy.

the WiFi is now dropping out at least 5 times a day 

I need the app to control what devices are connected. The power to pause devises by the app was one of the reasons I chose virgin

0 Kudos
Benweb
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is actually becoming a massive issues my internet is now dropping out at least once every half hour! I can not log in to the app nor online! Why am I paying Virgin a large amount to money every month for a service which is clearly not working. Can someone from Virgin please answer 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to appear stuck on this point, can I just check the pinhole reset was done as advised below:

With the Hub turned on, push the pinhole button all the way in and hold it there for a timed 60 seconds. Bear in mind your Hub settings and your passwords/passphrase for both the WiFi networks & settings will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card so all devices will need to be reconnected manually.  

...if you've done that as described with no success then we may need to raise this with IT. 

With regards to the service issues, I've had a check over things from here and everything appears to be fine.

Please upload your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:
In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Click on the “router status” icon at top right (SuperHub2) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 full sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Please keep us posted,

Tom

0 Kudos
Benweb
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’ve done all this and even been given a new Hub 3. 
upgraded my fiver optic to M500 and brought a booster and still having problems!

my speed is lucky to get above 100mbps!? When I first had Virgin filled we were getting 295mbsp! 

so disappointed all virgin want me to do is spend money to fix an issues which it clearly not my fault 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Benweb,

I have taken a look at the back end of your services and can't find any reason as to why you are suffering from slow speeds and an intermittent connection.

Can you please confirm what speeds you're receiving via a wired connection, and can you look into setting up a BQM graph for us? This will really help us to further diagnose the issue at hand and provide an alternative way to monitor your broadband connection and behaviour,

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos