Menu
nerijus359
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't register for My Virgin Media online

Hi, I am new VM customer waiting to go live with the service on July 1.

In the meantime, I wish to setup my account online, however I run into an issue that has been persistent in the past 2 weeks.

When I try to navigate

"www.virginmedia.com" --> Top right 'sign in' --> My Virgin Media 'sign in' --> "Register Now"

it provides me with this message about doing some essential work on the systems. (See screenshot below)

I just want to know whether it's supposed to be taking 2 weeks (or even longer?) for this to be completed. If so, when will it be finished?

Is there an alternative way I can register and view my account online?

Thanks.

EDIT: It seems like I cannot upload an image here, so I've uploaded it here: https://imgur.com/a/5Ck9OQQ 

VM system work.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't register for My Virgin Media online

Hi nerijus359,

Thanks for your post,  sorry you've been unable to register your account online.

Are you able to wait until your installation day and try to register then?

There have been a few issues with customers being able to sign into their online accounts but this should now be resolved.

Alex_Rm

murraymccheyne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The issues with account registration and sign in are definitely not resolved.

jeverington
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it's still an issue. I've been trying to register since 8 am today with no luck.

0 Kudos
rockyjones
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying for all most  a week now to register, must be a really big job seems it's taking a long to fix??

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

From what I understand this issue is now entering its third week, perhaps even longer (If anyone's aware of when this issue first raised its' head please feel free to correct me)

For an organisation that uses technology to deliver a service this does not fill me with great confidence.

If, by chance you're a person who is considering signing up to Virgin Media ask yourself the question "if it takes so long to fix a national issue with their on-line registration, how long would it take Virgin Media to resolve any problems that might occur with your individual account?"

0 Kudos
dugdale
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still faulty this morning - doesn't seem to be a priority for Virgin Media
0 Kudos
nerijus359
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have attempted this again today (25 June, 8:30PM), and I can say that I was successful in creating My Virgin Media account.

However, now onto the next issue... I can't sign into my account for some reason! What's this all about now?

https://imgur.com/a/9U8r7nE

VM sign in issue.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their online accounts. This includes registering and signing in, we're very sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing. 

If you are having issues registering a new online account, please refer to this thread for further updates.  

If you are having issues signing into your online account, please refer to this thread for further updates.

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos