cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t locate the white wall box to set up

Joelyjoely
Joining in

Hi, I recently purchased broadband for my student house. It was a Virgin provider in the house the year previously so I thought I’d have no issue. I don’t have the white box which you use a cable ( which I was provided ) to plug the hub into. ( in the quick set up guide it made it look necessary- it’s a white box screwed into the wall or plugged in a socket). I think I need to arrange for a technician but I want to see if I can solve it myself. 

I have attached images of the set up on the floor everything I received and where this white box should be located but isn’t. (When I purchased I assumed the tenants before had it installed) then I’ve attached a photo of the brown box outside our house that is virgin owned (not sure what it does but I hope it’s useful) 

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Joelyjoely

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to your order and the problems setting this up, we appreciate you reaching out to us and welcome to the forum.

You mentioned posting images but I'm not able to see any or any pending (these need to be approved by our Moderators) Can you try posting them again and let us know which cable it is? From what you have advised it sounds like the coaxl cable, this is usually white and has a silver circular connector at each end.

Thanks

Rob

0D6AD895-772B-4FB3-83E0-8BD6EAD58EF8.jpeg

9836FF78-3DB4-48F9-BB03-9173D81A03C0.jpeg

 sorry I had to make the images smaller to be posted so they aren’t that clear. 

from your description it does sound like I have that cable. 

Hi Joelyjoely, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I must admit the images aren't that clear I'm afraid. The equipment that is there, is that yours or has that been left behind? 

You may be able to plug your equipment in to get it activated by unscrewing the black cable from the white one and using that as the connection. 

Give that a try and hopefully it will get things up and running for you. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come out though to at least get a box put on the wall to tidy things up a little. For this I will need to confirm your address. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Joelyjoely, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for an appointment on the date you mentioned in your message. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

It's also worth noting there are plenty of appointments available for before the date so should you be at the property sooner, you can reschedule the appointment for beforehand 🙂 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs