cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t go back to hub 3?!?

scribblesvurt
On our wavelength

Hi in stalled the hub 4 two hours ago. All good then it went pop. Power has failed on it. So I’ve put my Hub 3 back and it says Internet “access denied” in the hub settings?

so they have turned off my Hub3? How do I get it back?

the hub 4 is junk.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can only have one hub active on your account at any one time. So now the Hub4 is the registered one, so to go back to the Hub3 VM must change the settings. 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150 To have the old Hub3 re-registered.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi scribblesvurt, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your new Hub 4. When a hub is faulty it would usually be replaced like for like, it may be that older equipment will not support the services if you have upgraded.

So we can arrange getting this sorted out I will contact you via PM - just look out for the purple envelope and we'll take it from there.

Tom

This is bonkers? I can supply the MAC address and serial number if the faulty hub 4 and the working hub 3 but you can’t see commision the faulty hub 4 and put the account back to the working hub 3 without sending an engineer? What exactly will and engineer do on site that can’t resolve this remotely except supply a new hub 4 which will need the account moving anayway? The mind boggles?!?

Just had a chat with a lovely lady on 150, she didn't believe it could be done and was trying to book an engineer, however after speaking to a team member they tried something out and Success! Hub 3 recommissioned and I am back online. Engineer visit saved, service back up, happy customer.

Add this to the Knowledgebase for next time!

Scribs.

@scribblesvurt what you have run into is a classic case of ‘computer says no’ but luckily for you, you’ve had the good fortune to deal with someone who was prepared to bypass the official arrangements and sort out a resolution for you.

What has happened is something like this. VM have a shortage of new hubs (best not to ask), and whereas in the past they would be happy to simply send one out to customers where it seemed like this would help, in an attempt to better manage supplies, they now insist on an engineer visit so said engineer can ascertain if a hub swop is really needed. So far so good. Evidently the system that customer services use has been updated to not allow a new hub to be provisioned without an engineer visit - but it would seem that no exception has been made for the (uncommon) case that you have, where you already have a replacement hub. It’ll be one of those cases where it’s blindingly obvious what can be done, but the system is not allowing it!

Had an engineer attended, they would simply have called VM and had the MAC address of the hub 3 associated with your account - honestly, you were really fortunate in getting someone who had the ability to override the system and do exactly that without the need for a visit.

Hopefully said person is not now facing a disciplinary procedure for not blindly following the prescribed method!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update scribblesvurt, glad you got it sorted in the end - if there's anything else we may be able to help with please let us know.

Tom