cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Virgin but rest of street can? Any ideas please :)

LK1
Tuning in

Hi.

I have been a VM customer for years but have recently moved house. After our move I called VM to sign up for one of their bundles to be told VM is not available at our address. Checked with neighbours and some of them are with virgin (I can even see their WIFI on the mobile) and the green box on the street is literally about 2 meters from our drive. We can get BT (assume underground ducting to our house as we have no overhead poles near or wires to house), so why not Virgin?

Any thoughts or insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LK1

3 REPLIES 3

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there,

Are you trying to move your services to this address?

Have you spoken to the movers team.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy

apologies for the slow response. I was a customer up until a week and a half ago as I have been spending that time trying to get VM to come back to me about getting a cable to my house (they have connected the rest of the street). I will understand that my drive is longer than usual but have said I am willing to pay for the works but no response… do you think there is anything else I can do? I can even get the works done myself if necessary (laying conduit etc) to tue path, but not getting an answer. I understand if you can’t help however.

thanks

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're unable to get our services at your new address, unfortunately at this moment in time we do not supply the whole of the UK.

In some circumstances you may find that your neighbours have Virgin Media whilst others do not. This is because it is not always cost effective for business reasons. 

We understand that you're willing to pay for the works to be carried out but this may not always be possible.

When you moved property our movers’ team would have checked if the address you are moving to was a serviceable address, if this has not shown up on our systems, it means we cannot supply you at this present time.

You can register here, if or when our services do become available, we will be in contact with you.

Kind regards Jodi.