cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find wall socket

joezhu2000
Joining in

Hey guys. I received my self-install broadband package today and soon found there was no virgin media wall socket in this property (i just moved in 2 months ago). The only socket we found is attached below though it seems to be too small for our cable. Is that the right place to plug the red cable?

Thank you for your assistance.

50c03c2db6971d43a17123e9b81fef1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joezhu2000 wrote:

Oops maybe this one works? Just found that when having my meal49b9d843638cfc83b888c5557443eda.jpg

Good find. Plug into the one marked TV (the other one marked FM is disused).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is a rooftop aerial outlet for Freeview TV. There must have been a previous installation or you would not have been offered a self install. 

If you are in a standalone property (not communal flats/apartments) there should be a brown or grey box on the front wall. The cable going in will be a double “shotgun barrel” type cable. The outgoing cables will either go straight through the wall or to other external entry points. Ignore any phone sockets, they are not used for Broadband.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Oops maybe this one works? Just found that when having my meal49b9d843638cfc83b888c5557443eda.jpg

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joezhu2000 wrote:

Good find. Plug into the one marked TV (the other one marked FM is disused).

Amzaing it works now. Thank you again for your selfless assistance!

Hi @joezhu2000

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I can see our community members have already responded and looks like this is resolved 🙂

I do hope you are enjoying the service.

Please pop back to us should you have any further questions or concerns. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide