Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find thr right socket

Lee985
Tuning in

D05736DC-8B07-43AA-8B31-55B6E9D4ED8E.jpeg

5D2CF1C5-A5BB-482A-AD25-2DFF1AB7C633.jpeg

 I've tried to connect my boardband to my home but the socket doesn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you asked any of your neighbours if they have VM and how/where they have made the connection in their flats?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your second pic shows Openreach fibre equipment, not VM.

In the first picture there is a network ethernet socket in the middle of the LHS faceplate. The other connectors look more like satellite/AV connections.

Does the location which contains the Openreach equipment also contain more ethernet sockets grouped together (as a comm's cupboard)? Are there any more connection points anywhere within that comm's area where the Openreach kit is located?

Is your property a new build flat or a new build house?

Hi, Thank you for replying me. i think this should be what you asked for. 

031CAD91-4D08-487F-8C9E-B4999E669FDF.jpeg

And i think it should be a new flat because it's quite modern 😂

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Lee985 wrote:

And i think it should be a new flat because it's quite modern 😂

I am assuming VM have sent you a 'Quick Start' kit with a VM hub to plug in?

There is nothing in the last pic which looks obviously like a VM connection.

In a new build flat (as in block of flats), you may possibly have some kind of central comm's cupboard somewhere in the building where an incoming VM cable may be located. From that comm's cupboard there may be distribution cables running internally within the building to individual properties (for example behind the blank faceplate in your last pic), hence the new flat question. Presumably the other faceplate out of shot in top RHS of last pic is also a blank plate.

Hi

These are definitely blank plates. 

But when i get my parcel, There are only four, items in it: boardband, Charger cable, phone cable and Internet cable. 

And I've tried to find the central cupboard. But i can't find that. 😓

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you asked any of your neighbours if they have VM and how/where they have made the connection in their flats?

Yes I've got help from my neighbor, and it worked successfully. Thank you very much!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That's good. For much own curiosity/interest, what did you have to connect to for it to work? One of the LHS connections in your first photo or did you find another connection point somewhere else?