Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect broadband hub

JoBrd
Tuning in

C9DF1FD1-F709-43FD-81AA-F1190DE844D5.jpeg

Hi,

I’m a new customer and am struggling to connect the hub to the wall socket. It is a virgin socket but possibly an old one? Also have additional cables which don’t fit the cable provided and not sure which to plug into. Help please!

145E92EE-A30D-4055-9C1B-F812B77BD544.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the socket you point t is a phone socket - thats of no interest - what is the cable to the bottom left of the phone socket - that looks much more interesting

where do the other cables come from and go to - the rectangular block on the left loos like an isolator - where does the left hand cable go to - that is likely the input - if it is disconnect the single cable from the splitter - the one in two out adaptor on the right and connect that cable to the hub - power up and see what happens to the base light after you have activated it - 0800 953 9500

if you have BB and TV then you will need the splitter but lets worry about that later

if you do connect ok 

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

thats needed as the splitter will have changed the levels and may be needed to give the correct signal

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your help. I’ve disconnected the splitter and plugged in the isolator cable as in picture. 

D047C93C-2BCA-4AF1-BBA5-E79D9ED7B83B.jpeg

I’m now getting a yellow/white flashing light on the front of the box, sometimes some green arrows, some red lights. Not sure what you mean about logging into Hub3?

Thanks again

All sorted - thank you Tony!

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hmmmm not sure what the lights are tying to tell you - for a test remove the cable from the splitter and connect it directly into the hub - if nothing changes that [i think] tells us the splitter is ok

logging into the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

thats really only useful if you get a connection - removing the splitter will have changed the input levels to the hub

did you try it s your first photo connecting eithe of the cables that come out of the splitter

if non of that helps you are going to need a tech to sort it - wait here for VM or ring it in

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JoBrd thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would like to take a look into your installation.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R