Menu
Ollie1993
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't book an engineer

Following up from my last post. It's clear I need an engineer to install proper connection line. 

I ordered fast track delivery (for broadband hub) because we've had virgin before years ago. However I now know this was an old phone line version.  So I do in fact need an engineer. 

Now, onto the current issue.  I have a my virgin account online and on the app, it is not letting me book an engineer, contact virgin in any way or do anything, it's a constant glitch loop of "sign in to acses this, I sign in, click again, please sign in to access this" OR being automatically routed to one of the online help guides. Which, cannot help me in this situation. 

HOW do you get through to anywhere to talk to and book someone in this case? 

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't book an engineer

@Ollie1993 wrote:

Following up from my last post. It's clear I need an engineer to install proper connection line. 

I ordered fast track delivery (for broadband hub) because we've had virgin before years ago. However I now know this was an old phone line version.  So I do in fact need an engineer. 

Now, onto the current issue.  I have a my virgin account online and on the app, it is not letting me book an engineer, contact virgin in any way or do anything, it's a constant glitch loop of "sign in to acses this, I sign in, click again, please sign in to access this" OR being automatically routed to one of the online help guides. Which, cannot help me in this situation. 

As stated in your other thread VM have never used phone lines for broadband.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@carl_pearce wrote:

@Ollie1993 wrote:

As stated in your other thread VM have never used phone lines for broadband.

not true or not true as far as my memory goes - they had something that they sold to talktalk a few yesrs ago - ok it might not have been talktalk but it was a phone connection

there you go

https://www.alphr.com/news/391648/virgin-media-sells-100-000-broadband-customers-to-talktalk

what i dont understand with the base question is why have they sent a quick start - its conceivable that there records are screwed and the OP is listed as having been installed but in all the quick start post this is the first time this has come up afaik

Tony
0 Kudos
Ollie1993
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony.

Yes, an old version it came through from the outside, looks like or is a phone line.

Ive spoken to someone who used to live here,  there used to be a chain of other chords and connectors hanging out of it, and id have attached the hub cable to that.   This part was discarded  during or before the move.  Now rendering the box on the wall useless.          I dont fully understand the situation but no need to talk about it. 

As I posted, my concern is getting somebody to install the modern line. And online/app/phone isn't getting anywhere so seeking advice for that issue.

0 Kudos