cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can appointments be booked online?

cougarric
Tuning in

I'm wanting my broadband to be moved from upstairs to downstairs, so it can go directly into my TV/Sky/Xbox etc.

Is there a way to order this on the website and any idea of cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can either phone in to arrange this, 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

Alternatively, if you wait here a few days, the staff here can arrange this.

There will be a £25 charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can either phone in to arrange this, 150 from your Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

Alternatively, if you wait here a few days, the staff here can arrange this.

There will be a £25 charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A non-fault callout such as this costs £25, and in common with all other tech visits can be booked one of two ways..

1: Calling into faults on the usual number and requesting a "non-fault tech appointment"

2: Waiting on here for staff to respond, in a day or so.

How do I get the staff to respond on here? Not received any contact since my original message.

Maybe because I clicked it as answered?

Hi there @cougarric 

So sorry for the delay in response and thank you very much for your post. 

We can indeed arrange an engineer for this, but it would be a charge of £25 as our community members @japitts and @Ernie_C have mentioned (thank you to you both). 

If you are OK with this charge and would like us to book this for you just let us know and we will send you a PM to arrange. 

Thank you.  

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would certainly like to book an engineer to do this.

I have been having intermittent problems with the wifi for some time now. Nothing permanent, just regularly dropping out for a brief second when streaming audio, plus issues with Sky Go disconnecting. Would this be an issue with my current Superhub, and if so is there a newer version that might help rectify it?

As for the wired installation. This is to be moved from upstairs to downstairs, so that I can connect directly to the main devices that require a good reliable connection.

Please PM me and we'll arrange a convenient time. (I understand somebody rang me today and our landline phone battery died, so we were unable to communicate. I'll provide a mobile to add to my account in the PM).

Apologies for the delayed response @cougarric, I will send you a PM now so this appointment can be booked.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cougarric, thanks for chatting with my via PM.

As the tech has now been booked in for you please let me know how this goes.

We are here if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Will the engineer need access to the original Wi-Fi point? Just checking in advance as it’s currently in a room that will need a lot of things moving to access it. 

Hi @cougarric thanks for your post here in the community.

Yes, they are likely to need access to the point where the wifi currently is, so I'd recommend if possible allowing them clear access to the point as well as obviously the point where the broadband is going to be relocated to.

Any further problems or questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W