Menu
mKingston
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can I request a hub upgrade for free online?

I've read the Home Hub 2 is vulnerable to hackers.
Can I request an upgrade for free?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I request a hub upgrade for free online?

Nope. Unless the Hub is faulty they wont replace it for free. Others in the know will comment but there have been may posts here on these fora on this topic (do a search) and the consensus view seems to be its nothing to worry about as long as you are using a new and strong password.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I request a hub upgrade for free online?

If you change the default password it'll be fine. It's only insecure if you are using the default password, and even then, someone would having to be standing outside your house with a laptop trying to hack into your WiFi, which would look suspicious to most people! (I suppose they could be a neighbor, but what are the chances of a neighbor wanting to hack your WiFi?)

There used to be a link to upgrade your hub for free, but due to shortage of hubs I expect that doesn't work anymore.

0 Kudos