cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I refuse TV360 and Mini box with Ultimate Volt Bundle?

trevorshackleto
Tuning in

I have just upgraded to the Ultimate Volt bundle from a Bigger bundle and want to know if I can decline the "upgrade" to TV360 software and the installation of a minibox.

I currently have a V6 box that I like the software on and am worried about the negative reports I've read about the TV360 software being an effective downgrade in the things I actually like about the V6 interface.

I also have absolutely no requirement for a mini box - I don't watch in any other rooms and have no desire to.

So, the question is, will I be forced to accept the TV360 upgrade?

Would I be missing out on any source material if I rejected the upgrade?

If I don't need the minibox and associated cabling, do I really need an engineer visit?

(I'm getting the upgrade for the additional channels at a reasonable cost)

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The two are not linked. In other words you can change your package & keep TiVO V6 boxes. There is no obligation to take V360 at the moment (although CS would like to convince you otherwise). V6 has a few less apps (like Disney+ is missing).

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @trevorshackleto 👋.

Thanks for your post. We can understand your concerns about the TV 360, there are some parts that you will lose and some that you will gain like @nodrogd states the lack of Disney + and some other apps along with the interface.

Currently you are not obligated to take 360, we have packages that still retain V6 boxes, as long as you state this to the agents who are building your package. 

This link may give you further insight to 👉 Virgin 360.

I hope this helps.

Sabrina

Thank you Sabrina, I have already signed up for an upgrade package (to Ultimate Volt) - how do I ensure that I can retain the V6 box?

Also, If I don't need the minibox - do I still need an engineer visit?

Hey hey.

Oh nice one. That is a good package to have, nice discounts there. If you want me to have a look at your account I can do and see if you are staying on the V6 and such. 

Look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon. I have sent you a private message

Thanks.

Sabrina