cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I double my speed with Volt when ordering via third party link?

JonReese
On our wavelength

Hi all,

I am looking to purchase Virgin Media's 100Mbps package via a link from MoneySavingExpert as it's a cracking deal, and works out to about £18-19 a month. However, I already have an O2 pay monthly sim card, so I was looking to see if I can take advantage of Volt? The problem is that there is no way to order via the MSE link and select a free speed upgrade with Volt.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think you could work both deals.  You need to get VOLT O2 boosted and the VM upgrade will take affect about 14 days later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JonReese
On our wavelength

Ah right, I thought the Volt upgrade offer applied to everyone on Virgin Media, i.e. you could upgrade your speeds at any point, provided you had an O2 pay monthly sim card. I didn't realise it definitely had to be done when placing the order.

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

JonReese
On our wavelength

Hi Joe,

Are you able to confirm when customers are able to take advantage of any speed upgrade with Volt please? Is it only upon placing your order or can this be done at any time if you can prove you are also an O2 pay monthly customer?

Thanks!

JonReese
On our wavelength

I've done a lot of searching over lunchtime, and it seems I can order my Virgin Media broadband, and once my address is changed on my O2 account, I will be able to apply for Volt directly via My O2, so should then get an upgrade to both.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Glad you got the information you needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks