cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect my Virgin media now

Joining in

My BT contract and services ends on 11 September.  I received my Virgin Box and Hub yesterday - does this mean I can install my Virgin now and not wait for BT to end? Am I live and ready to install Virgin? Or should I wait till 11 September? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You can install your VM services straight away. We use a separate line to BT so installing your vm equipment will not affect your bt service. You will have a short period where both services are working untill your Bt finishes.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You can install your VM services straight away. We use a separate line to BT so installing your vm equipment will not affect your bt service. You will have a short period where both services are working untill your Bt finishes.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Joining in

Hi - I’m worried that I have mistakenly deleted a text from Virgin Media regarding my new set up of TV & Broadband? I’m sure it said to click on link when ready to set up but I think I’ve deleted the text! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you installed and connected your new equipment yet?

Quite often the activation process is entirely automated, but there's easy ways (call into the automated line - 0800 9539500) to deal with that otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks