cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose install date at new address

Smiler891
Joining in

Hi

I just submitted an order online and it didn’t give me an option to choose the install date and now I’m worried that it’s going to happen to soon 

I don’t currently live there and not moving till next month so I don’t know what to do now should I cancel my order?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

Sounds like it’ll be a quick start which means they’ll send boxes to house straight away, better to cancel and rebook closer to move

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

Sounds like it’ll be a quick start which means they’ll send boxes to house straight away, better to cancel and rebook closer to move

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Thanks much appreciated 

Was able to resubmit the order with new move in date 

I mean £50 off sounds to good to be true but I’d defo like to know more 🙂 

To get £50 off you need to refer a new customer though myself and I can process it for you

@MatthewS1993 wrote:

To get £50 off you need to refer a new customer though myself and I can process it for you

Are you acting in a personal capacity with this offer or an official capacity as an employee of VM as your forum login carries nothing to officially identify you as such as yet?

Without wishing to cast doubt on the claim in your signature of employment with VM, there have been a few cases in the past on here of people claiming to be VM employees, who were not, asking people to get in touch via private message to provide information.

Applying even the most basic online safety, exchanges of personal information via private message on the forum should only be done with VM forum team members who are clearly identified as such IMO.

I’m a field tech 🙂

@MatthewS1993 wrote:

I’m a field tech 🙂

Unfortunately, no one else on here will have any way of knowing or confirming this, other than taking you at your word, when you say you are.

If you are requesting forum users to contact you privately for the purposes of referral it leaves the door wide open for anyone, not employed by VM, to make an account (or accounts) on here and do the same thing. Those others may not have good intentions.

I think when people message me and I show them all the current deals and my ID badge they’ll  be aware that I’m a tech, but I fully take your comment on board.

Have a good xmas 🙂

If you are collecting and processing customers', and possible future customers, personal information via a private user account and private messages on the community forum, then I'd politely suggest you are heading down a rather dark rabbit hole of possible data protection issues for yourself and for VM.

If you are a technician working from home and waiting to join the VM forum team on here, then you should wait until your official VM account is set up and you are identifiable by the VM logo and 'Forum Team' against your name before making such approaches.