cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call out charge with no notice

Xshell79
Joining in

Had my email bill today to see I'm getting charged £99 for a call out charge in july due to an incomplete insulation back in February due to shoddy work done..

Anyone else been charged that was Never informed of any cost for work/call out that should of been completed properly on the 1st installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You're correct that the company shouldn't be treating this as a chargeable "non-fault call out".  I've marked this for the forum staff to pick up and advise, I'm sure they can get this resolved for you.

As a matter of record, the non-fault call out charge has recently been reduced to £25, and it only applies where the customer requests a change (eg to move a hub or re-route the cabling), or certain instances of equipment loss or damage.  Even where call outs are chargeable, customers have to be advised beforehand and agree to the charge.   

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You're correct that the company shouldn't be treating this as a chargeable "non-fault call out".  I've marked this for the forum staff to pick up and advise, I'm sure they can get this resolved for you.

As a matter of record, the non-fault call out charge has recently been reduced to £25, and it only applies where the customer requests a change (eg to move a hub or re-route the cabling), or certain instances of equipment loss or damage.  Even where call outs are chargeable, customers have to be advised beforehand and agree to the charge.   

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Xshell79,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've received an unexpected call out charge for a recent engineer visit. If the charge was not mentioned, it's possible that the charge was waived by the team, given the circumstances. They would have applied the credit at the same time the appointment has been booked, however the appointment charge would be debited on the account once the appointment has been completed. So it's possible that the credit and charge were applied to the account on different dates.

Have you been able to check any of your previous bills at all to see if the credit has been applied previously? 

Let us know!

Beth

Beth