Menu
Gemma_Roughton
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cabling

When we moved in November 2016 we signed up to virgin, and an engineer came out in the dark and rain to connect us. He piggy backed it off the neighbours cable "temporarily " and said he'd be back to lay it properly. Now obviously he never came back but it worked and nothing was ever said by the neighbours...until a few months ago. Basically they want the cable gone, they haven't been virgin customers for 30 years apparently, etc etc. I said I'd look into it but had a really hard time finding a point of contact that was any use. Moving on, on Sunday we were out of the house until mid afternoon and at that point found the broadband had gone down. Followed all the trouble shooting online and booked an engineer to come out on the Wednesday. When engineer came he identified the cable had been partially cut (I suspect deliberately) and repaired it using a small orange box. He logged my suspicion but did say vm were unlikelyto want to do anything about it. Today neighbour pointed out the box and raised the issue again.

HOW DO I GET MY OWN CONNECTION LAID ON MY PROPERTY IN A WAY IT WONT BE CUT BY ANYONE "ACCIDENTALLY "?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cabling

Have you called VM and asked ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gemma_Roughton
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't get through

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not really that difficult I got through in ~20' on Wednesday around 1pm - try this - if it doesn't work a VM person should respond here but may take a few days.

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) - Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning @Gemma_Roughton

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're having this problem and I can appreciate it's not the best situation to be in. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you, we have been busier than normal. 

So that I can help with this I'm going to need to pop you a private message to grab some details and see what we can do about this. 

I'll do that now and i look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos