cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabling work - dragging on

AliAli
Joining in

Hello,

I have joined since the 24th of March, and I keep getting engineers visiting and saying the same thing, that they need to do some cabling works outside, they say someone is coming tomorrow morning then no one comes.

Happened twice, and now I have yet another engineer visit on the 16th, who will say the same thing? Contact centre is very unhelpful and extremely dodgy. I was given a number for technical support, 08000525738, but when I called she wasn't helpful at all, and both calls keep talking over me, it feels like they are fed up before they hear what the issue is. They just keep repeating 16th the engineer is coming.

I joined VM when it first introduced fibre broadband and left in under a month due to horrible service. It has been over 10 years now, I have been with BT and happy with them, VM just offered a lot faster internet and I was hoping after almost 10 years, things have changed...why can't I just get a date where everything is clear. There is no webchat, I talk to a useless robot. Phone is useless, I am getting bombarded by emails for feedback yet no email to raise my frustration with...£68 a month...and this service...?

19 REPLIES 19

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sasha_W 

Are there no notes on the account detailing what was said?

Put yourself in the customers shoes and go back and read through the thread.  If it was you having this issue - how would you feel about the staff responses in this thread?

@ModTeam  @Kev_B - Please get someone to take ownership of the situation instead of passing the ball  down the line.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AliAli

So after doing a couple more checks I am going to email our area field manager for you so that we can look into this further and get this installation all ready to go for you. 

I  will keep you updated with a response and when this should all be sorted if that's okay 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sasha_W 

Thank you very much for that.  Can I also ask that you look into the billing situation for the customer?  Even though they've yet to be installed they are being chased for the first months payment.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for the replies.

I did call today around 5pm, and I was told someone will be in from 5-7, and I asked are you 100% sure, she said yes. Nothing unfortunately.

You are not alone I ordered on 30/3 and just keep be fobbed off with different stories and dates, the pre insulation team are as useful as a chocolate teapot and no one takes responsibility. An area manager was meant to call me back and I heard nothing! I have reinstated my current broadband as no idea when or if virgin will ever install but when I placed order they told me that 5 neighbours had it, so how come they weren’t aware of issues in the area! I hope it gives you some comfort you are not alone in being ever frustrated with virgin media!!!!!

Hi AliAli,

Thanks for continuing to update us on your installation issue, I am truly sorry that this has been such a poor journey for you, made even worse by the billing aspect. 

I will be more than happy to chase up with the AFM (area field manager) after Sasha's previous post and I will also look into what I can do about your bills.

I will send you a PM now so we can chat about your bills more privately, then I will also contact the AFM.

Thank you @Ravenstar for looking out for the customer, I'll give him as much help as possible.

Speak to you soon AliAli!

Thanks,

Megan_L

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Cbees 

If you're still having issues, can I recommend you start your own thread as well?  That will allow the Forum Team to concentrate on each person individually and avoid your answers getting missed.

The Forum Team will be happy to help you also, I'm sure of that.

Tim

Thank you Raven and Megan for your support, also thank you Megan for sorting out my billing issue.

Today marks the 6th week since I made the order, and I had to go with the decision to cancel the service unfortunately.

Simple communication would have solved all this, as I always said, tell me we're busy and we will install it in 3 months, no problem, I completely understand, but until this moment, it still says I am getting someone today, and it changes everyday to the same day.

Hi AliAli, 

Thanks for updating us on this, I am sorry that I could not help further with your installation but you are most welcome for the help with your bills. 

I am going to write up a feedback report for the staff that failed us in this situation and I apologise again that it has come to this point. 

My best wishes for the future.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello bentahr333

Can you please explain in bit more detail exactly what has happened 

That way we can look at getting this investigated 

Also the link came up as not safe on our servers here sorry 

Gareth_L