cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables installed without owners permission

michaelCB
Tuning in

Despite being told not to, Virgin Installers came back to my property the next day and looped cables across my property to give service to the adjacent property. 

I want these cables re-routed away from the property. What was a simple installation of one cable and box, now feeds four properties. Virgin do not have permission to do this, who should I contact to get these cambes removed?

No wayleave was granted or sought.

67 REPLIES 67

An engineer is coming out on Wednesday to inspect the situation. 

Just an update a virgin team came to inspect yesterday and said I would receive a call by Friday. To confirm I’ve received the call a day earlier and work to remove and box off cables will commence on Wednesday 26th January at 9am

@Bigryan85 and did it actually happen yesterday?

7683B334-41C8-4C80-994C-F995BD1983ED.jpeg

27317B87-0827-4079-AB91-1998D8099FAB.jpeg

9212E76F-234E-48AE-977D-E530C9E1F29D.jpeg

935720C7-1BDF-40FB-9470-E55298325AA1.jpeg

Sorry jem101 results 

Better, but the underlying issue remains, you have connections for other third party customers running over your property, now is there a legal ‘easement’ (not wayleave, it’s a different thing) arrangement in place? Actually also a wayleave agreement to give VM the right to come onto your property anytime they like for maintenance of the infrastructure, if no then VM need to arrange one or both and pay you compensation (do you have a good solicitor?)

Otherwise, you are perfectly within your rights to cut all of the cables and remove them from your property, now you might not want to do that, but believe you me, VM won’t do anything to change this - this might not be an issue for yourselves, may be a massive problem if and when you sell up and move.

Hi gem. I’m going to try and arrange a telephone appointment with someone in virgin regarding the box and access rights etc. really don’t want to go down the solicitor route but that might be a last resort. I’m sure we can come to some sort off arrangement. I’m not a difficult person 😂 

D4FCF5D3-1EEA-452A-A43D-DC029074D243.jpeg

110FA170-09B9-49C6-86DD-3D37139966AE.jpeg

2084EFDD-EE14-4042-B49C-F8EF7417F40B.jpeg

DB73946F-3F9D-4B33-AB99-062C6408655F.jpeg

Morning I’ve been on this before. The Virgin team did a great job. I’m looking for them to come out and sort a minor cable issue that maybe should have been done at the time. My neighbour and my cable runs underneath my stones then slightly through the fence. I was hoping that his cable can be cut as he is no longer a customer and have my cable going up the Side of my property only. As pic shows you can see both his and my cable going through bottom of fence. Can you private message me to discuss. This would be a small job as you could disconnect from main service box then reattach once my cable is removed from his side of fence.

Hi @Bigryan85, thanks a lot for your post here in the community again.

I'll pop you a PM now to discuss things in further detail, so please expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W