cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cables in front garden

Anonymous
Not applicable

I removed some paving slabs from my front garden to identify exactly where the cables run. I found two green conduits each containing a pair of cables which are both connected to the brown box attached to my outside wall.

One of the conduits is broken and both contain water. A cable that appears to connect to one of them is exposed and a loop sticks out from the pavement on the other side of my boundary.

The reason for me identifying where the cables are is because I am having my front garden tarmaced and I want the contractor to know exactly where they are.

The loop of cable on the public highway is a health and safety risk as it could trip a person and cause injury. I would like to know why I have two conduits and what cables are supplying my house. Also the broken conduit is a concern and water inside them. (Pictures below)

I would like an engineer to inspect the cables and complete any necessary works prior to my planned building works to ensure all is safe and secure. Any assistance on how to get an engineer out would be appreciated.

Thanks

SGB_0-1643564928847.jpegSGB_1-1643564941919.jpegSGB_2-1643564955089.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry but wouldn't be able to tell you what the cables are for and what they are supplying but I can arrange for this to be looked into further with a visit from one of our engineers but I'm unable to as your account is listed as anonymous. To have this looked into further you would need to create a full account on the forums, so we can chat via private message or you would need to call into the team on 150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line. 

Regards,
Steven_L