Joining in

03CB8C8E-5E34-4073-A742-E1AC5BC53BE4.jpeg

I’m I doing something wrong? 

11 REPLIES 11

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

thats not a VM wall socket just a standard aerial connector

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I live on the top floor of a flat so not sure where to look. I’ve checked everywhere and there is also a white box with SAT1 and SAT2.. I’ll attach a pic. Does this look right? 

7350D82C-C8CF-46E5-86AB-76D7B29F298C.jpeg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

that looks like Sky to me but try them - if the hub light goes white after a few minutes you are getting there - if it stays grren - solid or flashing thats not good

if they have allowed self install the address has had VM in the past but cables may have been removed or cut - have a good search one a while ago had the cable box behind a radiator

Tony.
Sacked VIP

306FC76F-7648-44FC-A01A-AB3250E93478.jpeg

 No luck with the others, I’ve just found this but doesn’t seem to fit either. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hard to see what it is - can you get a better picture of the end

Tony.
Sacked VIP

5EA2FDE3-E803-4B09-BDA0-96503B283B54.jpeg

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could possibly be a VM connection, but you would need an F to F F-type connection to join the cables.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

as tudor says and i say above

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

but before you do that there looks as though  there might be enough cable there to connect the hub up and test the connection - if it works and you are happy with the hub there then get the connector above and you are up and running - if it does not work you need a tech

even if it works and you dont want the hub there just book a tech and say its not working - just leave it disconnected when you ring - makes it easier to book the tech - then just tell the tech where you want it when he turns up

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for the help, I tried connecting but it wouldn’t fit so I’ll go with your suggestion on trying a tristar. If all else fails I’ll get in a VM tech. Thanks again!