cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable type

Gazza53
Joining in

I have just ordered a quick start hub. Can anyone tell me If the cable screws into the box on the wall or pushes on.

The box on the wall has a thread and the cable doesn't. 

Just wondered if the box needs updating as it looks rather old.

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The connector is a push fit and pushes over the existing f-connector outlet. There is no need for any adaptors or changes.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The connector is a push fit and pushes over the existing f-connector outlet. There is no need for any adaptors or changes.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The cable doesn't have a thread, will it push over the thread from the wall box.

That seems strange. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the new type of connectors just push on, the old style was screw. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The cable is push on but my wall box has a thread. 

Do I need a adapter 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gazza53 wrote:

The cable is push on but my wall box has a thread. 

Do I need a adapter 

🙄NO!!! You do not need an adaptor. The new connectors ARE DESIGNED TO PUSH OVER THE EXISTING THREADED CONNECTOR.

Now do you get it?

Thank you, that's what I wanted to read.

Now I know.