Menu
robWantsVM
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable to my house

Hi,

Before the pandemic a Virgin Media representative knocked on my door and asked if I would like to have Virgin Media installed, being stuck with 10Mb ADSL of course I agreed and he said he would look into it. A few weeks (or months?) after an engineer came by and had a look at my door (even took some pictures) but I was not at home (saw this on my CCTV). I was also asked to collect signatures from everyone on my row of houses regarding agreeing to works being done for the installation, which I've done and sent back.

I haven't heard anything back since then, the phone number I have doesn't work anymore. 

When I check online it says Virgin Media is not available at my house but it is in the houses opposite my street. I live in a cul-de-sac and the work would be extending the wire from the row of houses opposite my house to mine.

Is there anyone I can contact to get this moving again? Postcode of my area is SW165JR

robWantsVM_1-1622105500218.png

I live in one of the houses marked with yellow and Virgin Media is available in the ones marked with red.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable to my house

Hi there

Happy to investigate this for you

I'll pop you a private message to take some more information around this.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable to my house

What a messy cable build!

I have the feeling you are going to have an uphill battle with this install. The houses opposite are fed from the rear, as it was more than likely cheaper to do it this way.

Your feed would have to come from the nearest point, which is outside number 11. Depends how much outlay VM are willing to spend. Good luck.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks