Menu
Russpanyol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable still overground after 16 months

Hello. I installed VM at a new property in May 2017. The cable was left overground (not in a protective tube, just the black cable) but I was told an engineer would be around in a couple of weeks to dig a trench. Over the last 16 months I`ve contacted VM to sort this tripping hazard about three or four times. Last winter someone came out and took photos and said they`d look into it, which was as close as I`ve come to a resolution. Any advise on how to escalate this and get an engineer out?   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable still overground after 16 months

the forum staff should be able to liaise with the area manager to have it looked at, there is currently around a weeks wait for the forum staff to reply
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Russpanyol,

Thanks for posting. I've just sent an email to the area managers to see what can be done for this. I'll get back to you as soon as I've received a response.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Russpanyol
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update: exposed cable still not sorted after 21 months. We`ve had the engineers out on the 8th Feb 2019 (they turned up with a digger expecting to dig up a lawn, despite photos showing a tarmac drive, so they couldn`t do it). Contacted VM and threatened to cancel if they didn`t turn up on the 15th Feb. They did turn up, but again, didn`t have the correct equipment, and needed a longer cable. 

They said they`d be back today, 22nd Feb. Contacted VM and they have no record of an appointment scheduled for today. If they don`t show today, I`ll just ring up and cancel. Rather go to Sky and pay more for slower broadband. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My apologies Russpanyol,

I'll pop you a PM now so I can get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos