cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable repull not happening.

GuyIncognito
Tuning in

My Virgin Engineer could not find a reason for my connection going from 110ish to 46 overnight.  He arranged a repull for 14th April (didn't happen)  It was rescheduled for 28thApril (didn't happen)  What the hell is going on with this company?  I've been here since telewest i.e. The early '90's

6 REPLIES 6

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GuyIncognito

Welcome back to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your connection issues and the rescheduled re-pull, I'm sorry that the re-pull has been rescheduled again. I have checked our systems and will send you a private message containing the details of your re-pull now.

Best wishes,

Serena

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@GuyIncognito wrote:

My Virgin Engineer could not find a reason for my connection going from 110ish to 46 overnight.  He arranged a repull for 14th April (didn't happen)  It was rescheduled for 28thApril (didn't happen)  What the hell is going on with this company?  I've been here since telewest i.e. The early '90's

search the forum for all the horror stories on external work - your job will have been passed to an outside contractor who may do the work or may pass it on again

from there you are in the lap of the gods - no one talks to each other - VM make up new dates when the last one is missed as they have no contact or updates from the contractors 

it will happen sooner or later - without being negative be glad you have a cable that works however badly - i needed a repull last year for a cut cable it took 65 days from the cut to being back online - i saw many white vans stop look and disappear like summer snow but quicker

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Cable repull date kept getting put back.  Got one for 24th of May but for some reason a squad came out on the 17th to start digging up the cable at the end of my driveway.  They proceeded to cut right through mine and my neighbours cables.😀  An emergency team had to be called and my cable got repulled that day so now back to full speed on my internet.  Just wish they'd fill in that big bloody hole at the end of my drive now.

Oh and my landline doesn't work any more.  I know people don't really use them these days but I'm paying for it so it should work.  Guy specifically asked if I use a land line as it is a different type of cable and I told him I do.

Hey Guylncognito, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry about the work last week didn't go to plan.

How big is the hole in the drive? I will send you PM to look at this so we can get this sorted out for you.

Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi @GuyIncognito

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the complaint was raised and sent to the field team. They'll liaise with you directly.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill