cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable repull keeps getting rescheduled

emb2021
Tuning in

Hi,

I’ve been without stable internet or TV since 18 October. A Virgin engineer identified a faulty cable and ordered a repull, initially for 5 November then rescheduled for 25 November when it turned out the contractors didn’t have the necessary permit. Since 25 November the service request keeps getting pushed back by a day, every day - can anyone explain why this is? It’s very frustrating as my wife and I need to work from home and have had unusable broadband for over six weeks now.

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have a browse through this 'Quick Start' forum and you will find dozens of topics from customers with the same problem. VM seems to be having some significant difficulties at the moment getting cables installed for some customers.

VM's automated processes seem to keep pushing installation dates further into the future each time a deadline is missed. When this installation process goes wrong, there seems to be little coordination or management of the problem within VM and between VM and its sub-contractors.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are just being emailed by an automated system - once an appointment is missed for a cable pull the system schedules it for the next day and then the next

its unfortunately meaningless - do you know why the original date was missed - its likely that a pull was attempted and problems were found - a blocked or damaged duct being the likely cause - if that is/was the case then a council permit would have to be obtained to dig and clear/repair the duct - fom application the usual time to obtain the permit - plan the work and do it is usually about 6 weeks - the permit only takes a few days usually but the rest just adds time

once the duct is serviceable the cable can be pulled - logic says that should happen in a few days but it could be  few weeks - dont try to understand it its how it is 

staff will get to the thread in a few days and may be able to get some better info but dont hold your breath 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks - very helpful info. As it happens, I’m not even getting email updates; I can only see the request getting moved back using the app.

The reason for pushing back the original appointment was a little vague, but as far as I could tell it was due to the permit not covering the work that was needed.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The "we need to obtain a permit" excuse is a very elastic one, which VM regularly stretch to breaking point and beyond!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @emb2021

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you heard anything else in relation to the installation as of yet?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis - the service request has been rolled over (again) to tomorrow but I still haven’t had any notifications from VM. As it happens, I was away last week and returned today; it looks as if an additional cable has been inserted into the duct, but it’s unclear exactly what is happening. Another development is that my phone line (also Virgin) has now gone dead, so I have separately booked an engineer on Wednesday to investigate.

Any idea how I can get a substantive update from VM on this? It would be good to know when the work will be completed! In addition, I was told I would get my bills refunded for the time the fault has been present, and I’ve yet to see this.

Hi @emb2021

Sorry for the delayed reply. I can see the engineer visit has happened and everything should be resolved. Please do let us know if you need further assistance

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Andrew1019
On our wavelength

I do hv the same problem here since sep2021 ,please help

@Andrew1019 wrote:

I do hv the same problem here since sep2021 ,please help

Suggest you keep to your own original topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/An-appointment-since-sep-no-engineer-team-S...

instead of multi-posting. It just causes confusion for anyone trying to answer in multiple places.