Menu
crs123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable pulling order date means nothing?

I ordered VM broadband.  Now I have 2 order dates.  One for the cable pulling because it is a new install, and one for the actual modem install.  The cable pulling date says today's date.  That's fast I thought, but nothing happened, next day same thing, etc. etc.  What date will it be?  I have no clue.

Will it be done by the time the modem install engineer turns up?  No idea. 

How can I find out/be told when the cable pulling/digging will happen?  I would like to be in when it happens so I can approve the route.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable pulling order date means nothing?

Cable pulls are a contractor job, & can happen at any time up to your install date. This is becasue the teams operate over multiple cable franchise areas, not just the area you happen to be in.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable pulling order date means nothing?

The cable pull team do not require access to your premises, so as long as it’s done by the internal install date you have nothing to worry about.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos