cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable pulled in street, how long until able to order?

ashleypenny
Joining in

Saw some guys in the street today pulling cables between the bt ducts in the street

Asked them what they were up to, thinking it was youfibre, and they advised they were putting virgin in

is there any way to check how long it will take until we are able to order it? Fastest broadband we can get atm is 76mb via open reach so dying for it 😂

5 REPLIES 5

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning,

Of course, i'll send over a private message so we can check this for you.

Many thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks. Info provided via PM last week. Virgin site now days "coming soon" when I enter my postcode so something has changed, just curious if it's weeks or months that we have to wait until we can order from this stage 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ashleypenny

Quick message to see if you had a reply back from @Christy_D

Gareth_L

Not as yet 

Hi ashleypenny, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Apologies to hear you've not heard anything back yet. Once cables are installed there is quite a lot of background work needed to connect the network and to get everything up to date on our systems. 

The teams don't like to give specific dates in case there are any delays. We can check on a rough date though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs