cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable installation

tashaforster
Joining in

Please help 

virgin have been out and marked the path outside ready for cable installation over a wk ago. On the app in orders it said this was being completed sat between 8-6 I waiting in all day no-one came. The date moved to Sunday again nobody came, same for yesterday and same today. I’ve had time off work waiting for them as there having to lift part of my block paving which has only been down 6ths, so want to make sure the do a proper job of relaying. My worry is the cables haven’t been layed still and my installation for virgin service is tomorrow??? Been ringing virgin daily to query this and just keep getting fobbed off. I’ve had no internet to the house for 2wks now.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Prepare yourself for possible disappointment and have a good read through the many, many topics on this forum about delayed cable installations.

It is sensible to oversee what VM, or its contractors, get up to with the cable laying and make sure it is done to your satisfaction, if you can, and the cable goes where you want it to but, generally, VM don't necessarily expect customers to be in for the external work of laying the cable.

VM don't seem to directly control the activities and schedules of the sub-contractors who lay cables for them. As a result, you should regard any dates VM give you as estimates of when they might turn up and nothing more.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @tashaforster,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry for the experience that you've had whilst trying to get your services installed, I have looked into this and can see that you have now been installed with your services.

How is everything running for you at the moment? 

Regards,

Steven_L