cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable installation previously

Nuttymonkey
Tuning in

I had virgin installed years ago, a house up the street has just had virgin installed and noticed that the cable to their house is encased in a green sleeve, mine is just bare cable sat on the soil to my house.

Will this cable be fine being exposed to the elements for such a long time, or should it be in this green sleeve?

5 REPLIES 5

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it will be perfectly OK as long as any enthusiastic gardeners or builders stay away from it, having said that a plastic sheath would have been better. Regards Micky

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Nuttymonkey

Thanks for your post 

The black cable will be robust enough 

But if you wish to have the green conduit as a safety 

I can book that in for you 

Gareth_L

Thanks for your reply.

If the cable if robust enough then we should be OK.

What would happen if the cable failed in the future, or if the cable was hit by a spade by accident and damaged, would this be an issue that I would have to pay for to rectify, or would that be at VM's expense due to being installed without conduit?

Regards

Usually in these circumstances the repair is not charged.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nuttymonkey,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the cable. Please let us know if you'd like us to look into this further and have a technician arranged to look into this for you.

We'll be more than happy to help. 🙂

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs